geronimo-user mailing list archives

From jamesdcarroll <jamesdcarr...@gmail.com>
Subject Customizing install of apps
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2008 23:41:26 GMT

I'm really new to Geronimo/J2EE and was wondering if it is possible to place
my own customer installer in front of geronimos. We want to create a number
of products that do different things, but we need to have a central
repository that tracks them, which will be its own product as well.

Basically the use case would be:
1. User opens our admin app on geronimo(a WAR/EAR)
2. User elects to add new component; the components would be WAR or EAR
files
3. My program grabs it and parses a manifest or some other kind of config
file in it
4. My program updates/does whatever it needs to
5. My program hands the WAR/EAR off to Geronimo for it to do its thing

As I mentioned, I'm kinda new and I'm reading the doc fast as I can.  If
there's something out there that I can maybe focus on, any point in the
right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,