geronimo-user mailing list archives

From bongosdude <bongosd...@gmail.com>
Subject car-maven-plugin and GEP
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2008 17:33:00 GMT

I have learned quite a lot for the last two weeks about Geronimo. Developing
J2EE applications has so many aspects and setting up environment for
development, QA and deployment are 3 main areas that really concerns any
J2EE developers. I have followed steps by steps of many GEP samples and
tutorials through GEP eclipse plugin. Then I just learned last week from
this forum on how to setup J2EE projects with Maven using car-maven-plugin.
I felt very confident toward Geronimo as my next J2EE platform. Today I
would hope that someone can give me some guidance again on how to make GEP
works with car-maven-plugin

1. I have successfully setup my J2EE projects by mimicking and looking at
geronimo sample calculator. I have successfully deployed my project tomcat
plugin to my local geronimo server. I love maven and its dependency
management.

2. However, now GEP does not know that my project is targeted for geronimo
local server. I can go to each of my sub project (war, ejb) and turn on its
project facets and runtime settings for geronimo. But it is quite tedious
and that also means that I have to take care of two environments: GEP vs.
car-maven-plugin

So my question is: "While it is good to setup maven J2EE using
car-maven-plugin which is quite helpful for more real J2EE projects,
developer would still love to use eclipse IDE to develop, test through GEP?
Can car-maven-plugin be able to generate eclipse metadata to target its sub
projects for geronimo runtime?"

Thanks again for any helps.

-B

-----