geronimo-user mailing list archives

From bongosdude <bongosd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to Use Maven with Geronimo J2EE project
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2008 02:35:40 GMT

For now, I looked at the geronimo sample 2.1.2 and how maven is setup to
build the samples. Specifically, I looked at the calculator Pom.xml and set
up mine to have parent groupdId=org.apache.geronimo.samples so that I can
build my J2EE as tomcat plugin? Do you think that it will work

thanks

bongosdude wrote:

> The build from the trunk is failed with error. I have to try again another
> day. Hope that these bugs are fixed by then.
>
> INFO] The following tests failed:
> [INFO]     * webservices-testsuite/jaxws-provider-tests -
> /Users/Dad/Documents/opensource/geronimo-trunk-2.2/testsuite/webservices-testsuite/jaxws-provider-tests/build.log
> [INFO]     * webservices-testsuite/jaxws-tests -
> /Users/Dad/Documents/opensource/geronimo-trunk-2.2/testsuite/webservices-testsuite/jaxws-tests/build.log
> [INFO]     * webservices-testsuite/jaxws-wsa-tests -
> /Users/Dad/Documents/opensource/geronimo-trunk-2.2/testsuite/webservices-testsuite/jaxws-wsa-tests/build.log
> [INFO]     * webservices-testsuite/saaj-tests -
> /Users/Dad/Documents/opensource/geronimo-trunk-2.2/testsuite/webservices-testsuite/saaj-tests/build.log
> [INFO]     * webservices-testsuite/stax-tests -
> /Users/Dad/Documents/opensource/geronimo-trunk-2.2/testsuite/webservices-testsuite/stax-tests/build.log
> [INFO]
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] 5 of 35 tests failed
> [INFO]
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Total time: 123 minutes 17 seconds
> [INFO] Finished at: Wed Dec 17 20:48:06 EST 2008
> [INFO] Final Memory: 385M/747M
> [INFO]
>

> Kevan Miller wrote:

>>> 0. For team-wide access set up a team accessible maven repository.
>>> I've demoed this using sonatype nexus which works great but you can
>>> also set up httpd or presumably a lot of other things.
>>>
>>> 1. set up a maven project for each of your apps to use the geronimo
>>> car-maven-plugin to "pre-deploy" your application into a geronimo
>>> plugin. Deploy it into the team-wide maven repository (configure the
>>> deploymenManagement of your pom to point to the team repo)
>>>
>>> 2. set up a maven  project to assemble a custom server, again using
>>> the car-maven-plugin.  Include the framework plugin group and your
>>> apps and any optional stuff from geronimo you might want such as
>>> parts of the admin console.  Everything else needed will be pulled
>>> in too.
>>>
>>> 3. After deploying the assembled server it too will be available
>>> from the shared repo.
>>>
>>> There are a couple geronimo archetypes to help setting up these
>>> maven projects but they are rather primitive and dont use the new
>>> archetype plugin features.... they still might help.
>>> geronimo-plugin-archetype sets up a plugin project
>>> geronimo-assembly-archetype sets up a custom server assembly project.
>>>
>>> Perhaps the simplest example of all this in action is in geronimo
>>> trunk in the plugins/monitoring console: along with the base code,
>>> and the monitoring console portal application, we build plugins for
>>> the app and a server containing the monitoring console and run a
>>> simple integration test.

> [...]

-----
B Amigo:super: