geronimo-user mailing list archives

From bongosdude <bongosd...@gmail.com>
Subject How to Use Maven with Geronimo J2EE project
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 03:17:43 GMT

I would lile to use maven to mange our project build/deploy during
development, QA and production release. Maven is good at managing
dependencies. While GEP can get us up to speed in development, it is tricky
to manage dependency using eclipse among team members. I have tried to read
geronimo sample to see how maven is used to build and deploy geronimo
sample. However, I could not find out how maven is used with gernonimo.

Can someone help to explain or give me suggestions on how I can learn more
on this subject?

1. How can maven be used to generate geronimo*.xml and deployment artifacts?

2 What is geronimo plugin? I look at geronimo samples plugin (i.e. bank
plugin), I did not see any geronimo*.xml artifact in EAR file.

3. is there maven geronimo plugin that can generate geronimo*.xml file? Or
we can create one and point maven to include geronimo*.xml in EAR file?

Thanks
-Bongos

-----
B Amigo:super: