geronimo-user mailing list archives

From bongosdude <bongosd...@yahoo.com>
Subject Geronimo Eclipse Plugin (GEP) Deployment problem
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2008 18:02:54 GMT

I am new to Geronimo and I have to say that I am quite impressed with it. It
really beats my expectation for a new and young JEE server. IMHO, geronimo
is as good as weblogic. I have followed steps by steps most of geronimo
2.1.1 samples and successfully installed GEP. However, I have problems with
GEP deployment when I tried to extend the tutorials. Here are what I did

1. based on the stateless session tutorial, I added a new stateless session
bean which will interface with Paypal web services. This stateless session
will send credit card information to settle a credit card charge based on
PayPal SDK.

2. I tested this API outside the geronimo environment and it works

3. When I tried to deploy this new EJB to geronimo through GEP, the GEP
failed to deploy to my geronimo local server with the message "No Class
Exception: com.paypal.sdk.exceptions.PayPalException"

4. I found out that GEP only bundle my EJB in car format and deploy to
geronimo. It did not include any dependent JARs that I setup with eclipse.
This is why geronimo cannot deploy the EJB since the dependent paypal SDK
jar is not deployed to geronimo repository.

5. I had to go to geronimo console and manually added dependent JARs files

My questionss are:

1. how and what can I do to setup GEP to deploy all my dependent jars with
my EJB without having to manually setup dependent jars through console

2. Do I have to specify depend libraries in the openejb-jar.xml like below:

   			<dep:dependency>
				<dep:groupId>paypal.paypal-sdk</dep:groupId>
				<dep:artifactId>paypal-stubs</dep:artifactId>
				<dep:version>4.3.1</dep:version>
				<dep:type>jar</dep:type>
			</dep:dependency>

(GEP does not deploy libs by looking at the above dependency)

3. How would GEP work with referenced or dependent project in Eclipse? For
example, I would like to write a common package that includes base/common
java beans that would be used by web application and EJB tiers. How would
like GEP to deploy the ref. project with my EJB too. How can I do this with
GEP?

Can someone give me helps or hints on how I can achieve these geronimo
tasks? This would help me to decide move my team development to Geronimo. I
have tons of questions about geronimo, but these basic tasks would solve
most of my current problems with geronimo deployment.

Thanks for any helps.

-----
B Amigo:super: