geronimo-user mailing list archives

From antoine_ <antoine.r...@net-vitesse.com>
Subject Re: Unable to deploy on a remote server in GEP
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 09:44:10 GMT

Thank you for your answers !
The RemoteDeployHostname was left to "localhost" so I changed it to the IP
address of my laptop (on the same network). It would be interesting to have
it in the documentation.
I followed the steps given by Tim. It works well on localhost, but the
problem remains for a remote server. Looking at your exception Tim, it seems
it is not the same problem.
Now I have an error message : "Connection to the deployment manager failed".

The exception raised is the following one :
javax.enterprise.deploy.spi.exceptions.DeploymentManagerCreationException:
no such object in table
	at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.factories.BaseDeploymentFactory.newRemoteDeploymentManager(BaseDeploymentFactory.java:190)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.factories.BaseDeploymentFactory.getDeploymentManager(BaseDeploymentFactory.java:140)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.st.core.GeronimoConnectionFactory.getDeploymentManager(GeronimoConnectionFactory.java:64)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.st.core.commands.DeploymentCommandFactory.getDeploymentManager(DeploymentCommandFactory.java:106)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.st.core.DeploymentUtils.getLastKnownConfigurationId(DeploymentUtils.java:208)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.st.core.GeronimoServerBehaviourDelegate.doNoChange(GeronimoServerBehaviourDelegate.java:507)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.st.core.GeronimoServerBehaviourDelegate.invokeCommand(GeronimoServerBehaviourDelegate.java:404)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.st.core.GeronimoServerBehaviourDelegate.publishModule(GeronimoServerBehaviourDelegate.java:284)
	at
org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publishModule(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:944)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.st.core.GeronimoServerBehaviourDelegate.publishModules(GeronimoServerBehaviourDelegate.java:250)
	at
org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:868)
	at
org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:707)
	at
org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.publishImpl(Server.java:2404)
	at
org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server$PublishJob.run(Server.java:261)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
Caused by: java.rmi.NoSuchObjectException: no such object in table
	at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:255)
	at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:233)
	at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIServerImpl_Stub.newClient(Unknown Source)
	at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.getConnection(RMIConnector.java:2312)
	at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:277)
	at
javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.connect(JMXConnectorFactory.java:248)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.factories.BaseDeploymentFactory.newRemoteDeploymentManager(BaseDeploymentFactory.java:182)
	... 14 more

Do you have any idea why it fails ? Do you want me to open a bug for this ?