geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.1.1 running a report 2-3 times slower than Geronimo 1.1.1
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 20:56:16 GMT

On Dec 4, 2008, at 8:46 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> The only thing that comes to mind so far is that ejb cmp 2.1 entity
> beans have been completely rewritten to use jpa rather than tranql.
> There were some reports early on that in some situations this was a
> lot slower, but I think that in other situations it was faster.  Are
> you using cmp 2.1 entity beans?

That seems like a pretty good hypothesis.

Andrew,
Have you monitored memory utilization? I'd turn on verbosegc. Possible
that you're getting into a memory constrained situation and spending a
lot of time GC'ing (but never running out of heap)

Barring the above, I'd suggest you profile your server. Or, if you
have a test application that can illustrate this issue, we'd be able
to find somebody that could take a closer look.

--kevan