geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Custom Server Config - errors
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2008 23:48:17 GMT
Hi Ray,

I don't have very up to date tomcat sources for the geronimo-modified
tomcat.... but I suspect the problem is in StandardContext.start()
where I think there's code like this:

         if (ok ) {
             if (instanceManager == null) {
                 javax.naming.Context context = null;
                 if (isUseNaming() && namingContextListener != null) {
                     context = namingContextListener.getEnvContext();
                 }
                 Map<String, Map<String, String>> injectionMap =
buildInjectionMap(getIgnoreAnnotations()? new NamingResources():
getNamingResources());
                 instanceManager = new DefaultInstanceManager(context,
                         injectionMap,
                         this,
                         this.getClass().getClassLoader());
                 getServletContext().setAttribute

("org.apache.jasper.instanceManagement.InstanceManager",
instanceManager);
             }
         }

I suspect ok == false here....

I think anything that set ok == false should have logged some kind of
error indicating the problem.  Could you check var/logs/geronimo.log
for any other stack traces when the app started?

otherwise I'm a bit mystified.... any chance you could send me your
app to play with?

thanks
david jencks