Say your apps are A and B..... if the geronimo plan for B has a dependency on A, A will always be started first.

<geronimo-web....>
  <environment>
    <moduleId>
      <groupId>org.myco</groupId>
      <artifactId>B</artifactId>
      <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
      <type>car</type>
     </moduleId>
     <dependencies>
       <dependency>
        <groupId>org.myco</groupId>
        <artifactId>A</artifactId>
        <type>car<type>
        <import>services</import>
      </dependency>
    </dependencies>
   </environment>
</geronimo-web>

If you leave out the <import> tag the classloader for A will be a parent classloader for B.... this may or may not be desirable.

thanks
david jencks