geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Fredrik Jonson <>
Subject Declare env-entry in geronimo-application.xml?
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 09:28:32 GMT

I'm developing a multi-module ear project for Geronimo, and have
a couple of variables I want to make configurable. I know I can
set env-entry variables in web.xml or ejb-jar.xml and have them
injected with @Resource.

Now, some variables are used from more than one module, and it
would be much better if I only had to declare them once. Is it
possible to declare env-entry variables (basically jndi data)
in geronimo-application.xml?

The variables are simple strings/integers/etc so nothing fancy is

If not, is there any other way to handle these configuration
variables in a JEE friendly/proper way?

Fredrik Jonson

View raw message