geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Lin Sun" <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: little-g: OpenJPA::Deployer is not fully resolved
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 04:25:18 GMT
Hi David,

I don't see anywhere in PluginInstallerGBean to resolve the version.
It simply uses whatever DependencyType from the PluginArtifactType.

I did see code in c-m-p to generate dependency versions when building
geronimo-plugins.xml in 2.2.  It seems to use ArtifactResolutionResult
from maven to resolve the artifacts.   I agree that the dependency
handling is quite different by the following observations:

-UseMavenDependencies' value defaults to false in 2.1.x but true in
2.2 which generates different code path for dependencies.-
-In 2.1.x, there is no localDependencies or transitiveDependencies concept.

Given the change is significant, I don't feel it is worthy pulling all
these changes in 2.1.x thus we may just have to live the prob for
2.1.x.

Lin

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 2:38 AM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The dependency handling in 2.2 in the car-maven-plugin is quite different
> that in the 2.1.x branch.
>
> I think there might be something wrong with the plugin repository.  I
> thought the PluginInstallerGBean picked the latest version when no version
> is specified, and I thought it could use maven-metadata.xml files to find
> the latest version.  Maybe this is just for snapshots....???  If you have a
> little time to dig through the PluginInstallerGBean code where it's trying
> to resolve the version it might be interesting to find out just what is
> going on.
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>

>> Lin
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 8:11 PM, Doug Reeder <reeder.29@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I've installed a fresh copy of little-g (Jetty) 2.1.3 on an Intel Mac
>>> Mini
>>> running OS X 10.5.5 (Java 1.5.0_16).
>>>
>>> In one terminal, I run bin/start-server, so as to see the log.  Startup
>>> proceeds normally, and the message "Geronimo Server started in
>>> 0:00:06.393"
>>> appears in the log.
>>>
>>> In another terminal, I run bin/gsh, and enter the command
>>> deploy/list-plugins -rr -r
>>> http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins/geronimo-2.1.3/
>>> This gives me a list of 114 plugins and offers to install any or all of
>>> them.  I select 79, Geronimo Plugins, OpenJPA :: Deployer (2.1.3), and
>>> get
>>> the following messages:
>>> Checking for status every 1000ms:
>>> Downloading
>>> org.apache.geronimo.modules/geronimo-persistence-jpa10-builder//jar
>>> Copying
>>> org.apache.geronimo.modules/geronimo-persistence-jpa10-builder//jar
>>> the repository
>>> Installation FAILED: Artifact
>>> org.apache.geronimo.modules/geronimo-persistence-jpa10-builder//jar is
>>> not
>>> fully
>>> resolved
>>>
>>> In the other window, the Geronimo log shows:
>>> 19:50:44,848 ERROR [PluginInstallerGBean] Unable to install plugin.
>>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Artifact