geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WebService on Geronimo 2.1.3 for Mac OS X 10.5.5 using Java 6
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 19:17:00 GMT

On Nov 12, 2008, at 11:23 AM, yosemite wrote:

> Kevan,
>
> thank you for your help, increasing the memory made my application
> to work
> (I migrate from MS Windows to Mac OS and from JBoss to Geronimo,
> probably
> too many things at once :-).
>
> So, all the webServices seem to work OK now, thanks to you, but the
> exception is still the same:
>
> geronimo.out says:
>
> [JAXWSTools] Missing
> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/lib. This
> may be
> required for wsgen to run.
> Problem encountered during annotation processing;
> see stacktrace below for more information.
> java.lang.ClassCastException:
> com.sun.tools.apt.mirror.type.ClassTypeImpl
> cannot be cast to com.sun.mirror.type.AnnotationType at
> com
> .sun
> .tools
> .apt
> .mirror
> .declaration
> .AnnotationMirrorImpl.getAnnotationType(AnnotationMirrorImpl.java:82)
> com
> .sun
> .tools
> .jxc
> .apt
> .InlineAnnotationReaderImpl
> .getAllAnnotations(InlineAnnotationReaderImpl.java:71)
> ... this trace for every webService I deploy (I've got 13
> webServices with
> cca 30 methods each).
>
> This is how I start geronimo: in command line:
> export JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m"
> export
> JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/
> Home/
> ./geronimo.sh start
>
> then in Eclipse: Add - Remove projects... my app EAR with EJB module
> with
> the webServices
>
> I noticed in your reply you still mention the /lib but I don't have
> it in my
> ...1.6.0 folder.

Ooops. My mistake(s) on multiple levels.

So, Java directory layout assumed by https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/branches/2.1/plugins/jaxws/geronimo-jaxws-builder/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/jaxws/builder/JAXWSTools.java

  is not right. Perhaps you'd be interested in suggesting a fix?

You can work-around this problem with a bit of a hack:

	$ cd /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0
	$ sudo mkdir lib
	$ cd lib
	$ sudo ln -s ../Classes/classes.jar tools.jar

--kevan