geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WebService on Geronimo 2.1.3 for Mac OS X 10.5.5 using Java 6
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 14:18:52 GMT

On Nov 11, 2008, at 8:25 AM, yosemite wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've tested the same application on MS Windows and it works fine
> there. The
> only difference on MS Windows is Geronimo runs using Java 6 JDK (it
> blew up
> with similar error when tried to use just JRE). Looks like I need to
> find
> out what is the JDK concept on Mac OS :-)

Starting at the beginning...

First, suggest you set JAVA_HOME as follows (do you have either
JRE_HOME or JAVA_HOME set in your environment?):

export JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/
1.6.0/Home/lib/

Then start geronimo (e.g. bin/geronimo.sh run). Or are you using
Eclipse to launch? In which case you'll need to set server properties...

That should fix your missing tools problem.

Next, you can try bumping your permgen space to see if that fixes your
OutOfMemoryError:

stop your server
export JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m"
restart your server

--kevan