geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: sample application
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 18:07:46 GMT
Ceki,

I think you are claiming that downloading about 5 poms is taking 2
hours which is highly unlikely for a total size of about 10 kb no
matter what your internet connection or maven repo you are using.
What you may not realize is that the samples are not only simple
javaee applications but also demonstrate "predeploying" them into
geronimo as geronimo plugins.  This involves downloading most of the
geronimo jars from the maven repo as well.   I think this is pulling
down 50-100mb which with a slow repo could possibly take a couple hours.

After you've built the sample once is a second build faster?

To me the main interest of the samples is as geronimo plugins, but we
might be able to come up with a profile that would avoid building the
plugins and pulling down most of geronimo.

thanks
david jencks