geronimo-user mailing list archives

From German Munoz <cua...@yahoo.com>
Subject Cannot install any Geronimo Sample apps
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2008 08:35:03 GMT
Hi, I'm new to Geronimo, and I want to test out some sample apps, but so far I have not been
able to install any using several methods. I'm using Geronimo 2.1 with jetty 6  (should I
use Geronimo 2.2?). I am running Windows Vista SP1 (long story...).

*First, through admin console > Plugins:
In left nav, click on Plugins. I see these two repositories:
http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins/geronimo-2.1/
file:/C:/Users/Administrator/.m2/repository/
Smaples oly show up in "file/C:" repository (I downloaded source code and built using maven).
I cannot install plugins from here, I get an error after clicking ot Install plugin. Browser
"cannot Open the Internet site" (URL is: http://localhost:8080/console/portal//Applications/Plugins/__rp0x3plugin0x2ImportExport!1639862964%7C0_configIds/org0x2apache0x2geronimo0x2samples0x3customer-jetty0x320x210x220x3car/__rp0x3plugin0x2ImportExport!1639862964%7C0_downloadKey/4/__rp0x3plugin0x2ImportExport!1639862964%7C0_mode/downloadStatus/__rp0x3plugin0x2ImportExport!1639862964%7C0_repository/file:0x3C:0x3Users0x3German0x30x2m20x3repository0x3)

*First, through admin console > Deploy new:
I build one of the Samples, then I browse to the Plan.xml in the corresponding directory (gsamples-2.1.2\samples\sample-datasource\target\resources\META-INF).

This gives me an error of: "Cannot deploy the requested application module because no deployer
is able to  handle it. This can happen if you have omitted the J2EE deployment descriptor,
 disabled a deployer module, or if, for example, you are trying to deploy an EJB  module on
a minimal Geronimo server that does not have EJB support installed.  (planFile=C:\g2\geronimo-jetty6-javaee5-2.1\var\temp\plan.xml)
"
I'm pretty sure I have EJB module, and all the Delpoyer modules seem to be running, for liek
Calculator sample  (J2EE, Jetty, etc, etc... everything in the dependencies section of the
plan.xml).

I cannot even install the sample-datasource plugin.

*Third, through GShell:
Using gsh deploy/deploy, I get an error when choosing a Sample to install, it throws an error
stating that it cannot load a dependency.

I've tried looking online and in the archives, but no solution seems to work for me. Since
none of the samples seem to install correclty, I feel this is a server confg issue. Any help
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-German

Germán Muñoz
Messenger: cuatez@hotmail.com