geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Ceki Gulcu <c...@qos.ch>
Subject sample application
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2008 18:58:53 GMT

Hello all,

After successfully following the "5-minute Tutorial on Enterprise
Application Development with Eclipse and Geronimo" [1] I would like to
build an ear file (ready for deployment in Geronimo) from Maven
pom.xml files, similar to the "mytime" project part of the Geronimo
sample appliccations.

Unfortunately, I am having trouble building the "mytime" sample
application. I obtained it via Subversion at [2]. For one, it takes a
very long time to build, in the order of several hours.

Looking at the pom files, one can see that,

org.apache.geronimo.samples:mytime depends on
org.apache.geronimo.samples:samples:2.12 .pom which in turn depends on
org.apache.geronimo.samples:samples-parent-2.1.2 pom which in turn depends on
org.apache.geronimo.genesis.config:project-config:1.4:pom  which depends on
org.apache.geronimo.genesis.config:config:1.4:pom which in turn depends on
org.apache.geronimo.genesis:genesis:1.4:pom etc...

 From a pedagogical point of view, requiring that many dependencies
makes it hard to follow this sample application.

Is there a sample or maven archetype for a Enterprise Application
Project, compatible with Geronimo, for mere mortals?

Many thanks in advance,

[1] http://tinyurl.com/5jj6zo
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/trunk/samples

--