geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: status from shell script (System V starup)
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 17:49:44 GMT
Cool!  Maybe you'd like to open a JIRA and contribute your script once
you're done?  :-)

For the status, maybe you could try something like -

isGeronimoRunning()
{
   ps_log=`mktemp /var/tmp/geronimo-ps.log`
   ps auxww >"$ps_log"
   geronimo_is_running="false"
   if grep " -Dorg.apache.geronimo.base.dir=.*server.jar" "$ps_log"
 >/dev/null 2>/dev/null ; then
     geronimo_is_running="true"
   fi
   rm -f "$ps_log"