geronimo-user mailing list archives

From antoine_ <antoine.r...@net-vitesse.com>
Subject Unable to deploy on a remote server in GEP
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 10:50:58 GMT

Hi,
I am currently testing Geronimo, but I have problems when trying to deploy
on a remote server.
On my local laptop, I run Ubuntu, Java from Sun, Eclipse Ganymede for JEE
developpers, Geronimo v2.1.3 and I installed the Geronimo Eclipse Plugin by
following the documentation.
On the remote server, I have installed Geronimo. I do not see how the plugin
could start Geronimo remotely, so I start it manually. It works : I can
access the console, and the launch process tells me that it is listening on
some ports including 1099 for RMI and 8080 for the console.

In Eclipse, I also succeed to deploy an application locally. It works
perfectly.

But in Eclipse, the remote server always has the status "stopped". If I try
an action like "start" or "publish" I get the following error message :
"Server Apache Geronimo v2.1 Server at 192.168.16.60 failed to start".

There is no firewall between me and the remote server.

I seem to be the only one having such a problem. I did not find anything in
the documentation about using remote servers. Did I miss something ? Do you
have any ideas ?

Thank you...