geronimo-user mailing list archives

From jsmch <>
Subject Problems deploying a Webservice
Date Sat, 08 Nov 2008 15:37:25 GMT

i´ve a problem deploying a webservice to geronimo.
I´m currently doing a migration for a simple chat-application (j2ee) from
JBoss to Geronimo (as a training).
After several problems i did solve all the little and big problems doing
this (J2G-Conversion was absolutely no help, because the former application
from JBoss did not use standards at sevedral points as i think).

Ok - but those problems where already resolved :drunk:

The last problem i have is to migrate a simple Webservice with the following
@WebService(name="AdminClientWS", serviceName="AdminClientWsService")
public class AdminClientWS implements IAdminClient {
The error (when deploying) is the following):
16:34:45,546 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is now
in the FAILED state:
abstractName="chatKernel/chatKernelGeronimo/1.0/jar?EJBModule=chatKernel/chatKernelGeronimo/1.0/jar,J2EEApplication=null,StatelessSessionBean=AdminClientWS,j2eeType=WSLink,name=AdminClientWS" The ServiceDescription failed to validate
due to the following errors:
 :: Endpoint failed validation ::  :: Invalid Endpoint Interface ::  :: The
number of operations in the WSDL portType does not match the number of
methods in the SEI or Web service implementation class.

Because i´ve no experience with describing Webservices in Java i don´t know
if this is all i need.
Maybe anybody can help me to say what i´ve to do getting this deployed.
(I think i need to change things to those Annotations or add any information
to the openejb-jar.xml?)