geronimo-user mailing list archives

From cgreco16 <cgrec...@gmail.com>
Subject Customizing deployment descriptor values at deployment time?
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 15:30:57 GMT

I'm writing a web application and I need to allow the deployer/administrator
to customize values in the deployment descriptor.  I'm trying to use
<env-entry> elements in the deployment descriptor to do this.  The JavaEE 5
spec says on page 71 "If the Application Component Provider provides a value
for an environment entry using the env-entry-value element, the value can be
changed later by the Application Assembler or Deployer."  However, I don't
see how to change these values when deploying an app with Geronimo.
Geronimo appears to have modified my web.xml file, removing the env-entry
elements, and used them to create a serialized config object that I can't
change.

The geronimo-web.xml schema does not appear to have anything for this
purpose either.

Any help is appreciated.
cgreco16