geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Fredrik Jonson <>
Subject Accessing corba from geronimo
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 17:23:49 GMT

I'm trying to port a non-jee app to a EAR and get it running in
Geronimo (2.1.3). It has been a lot of fun, although I'm very much
a JEE-newbie, so it's a lot to grasp all at once... ;)

Now, I have one component that needs to make a remote corba
request to a non-jee corba service. In my legacy code, I did
it like this:

  orb = ORB.init(new String[0], properties);
  org.omg.CORBA.Object ns =
  NamingContextExt namingContext =
  org.omg.CORBA.Object obj = namingContext.resolve_str(
  communicator = CommunicationHelper.narrow(obj);
  // use the communicator here...

When I try to use the same code in a MDB in Geronimo I get a
exception with the following stacktrace:

  Caused by: org.omg.CORBA.ORBPackage.InvalidName:
    at org.apache.yoko.orb.OB.InitialServiceManager
    at org.apache.yoko.orb.OBCORBA.ORB_impl
    at org.example.MyClient.initiate(

I've tried to find examples of how to call legacy (non-ejb) corba
services from a jee environment, but sofar I've come up short. I'd
be greatful for some hints on how to approach this.

Fredrik Jonson

View raw message