geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Lin Sun" <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to resolve reference "JtaDataSourceWrapper"
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 14:37:57 GMT
Hi, I am not too familar with openjpa but I'll give a try :-)

I think the jta-data-source in persistence.xml should refer to the
datasource name configured in database pool.  For example, for our
sample-datasource in our 2.1.2 sample
(http://geronimo.apache.org/2008/10/03/geronimo-samples-v212-released.html),
the names are SampleTxDatasource and SampleNoTxDatasource, based on
the database pool plan:

<name>SampleTxDatasource</name>
<name>SampleNoTxDatasource</name>

Also, from all examples I looked at, it always uses 2 datasource names
(one is the TxDataSource, the other one is NoTxDatasource).
Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way to set up such a pool with
admin console, see JIRA

And these two datasources can be referred as below in persistence.xml
(you can check out the bank example):

        <jta-data-source>SampleTxDatasource</jta-data-source>
        <non-jta-data-source>SampleNoTxDatasource</non-jta-data-source>

I think, if you create your pool from console, the default datasource
name is puma2DS instead of jdbc/puma2DS, and you can double check that
before you deploy your pool (there is a show plan button to allow you
to view the plan).

P.S. I found some reply from David Jencks a while back ago on the same prob:

http://markmail.org/message/rlhorr23z7akikbo#query:JtaDataSourceWrapper+page:1+mid:6x3ou4tzrk7zfeci+state:results

Lin