geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Lin Sun" <>
Subject Re: I need a Servlet to be started when the web container is starting
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 17:14:18 GMT
Hi, Did you try write a simple geronimo-web.xml and deploy it along
with your war file when you use sharedlib?

Here's some information on geronimo-web.xml (geronimo specific web
deployment plan) -

You can also try use the plan creator portlet
( to do that.

In the geronimo-web.xml, you can specify the sharedlib as the
depedency (I sent you the sample in the other reply).

To deploy the war file at GERONIMO_HOME/bin dir, issue "./
deploy file.war geronimo-web.xml"

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 12:50 PM, Juan David <> wrote:
> Hi All
> I have a problem to set up a framework application on Geronimo. I need a
> Servlet to be started when the web container is starting.
> As I previously did this configuration on Tomcat y try to add the Servlet
> definition on installDir\var\catalina\conf\web.xml and it loads the Servlet
> the problem is that the servlet has dependency classes and does not found
> them on runtime. I try to add the jar containing the classes to
> installDir\var\shared\lib and did not work.

View raw message