geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Lin Sun" <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I need a Servlet to be started when the web container is starting
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 17:14:18 GMT
Hi, Did you try write a simple geronimo-web.xml and deploy it along
with your war file when you use sharedlib?

Here's some information on geronimo-web.xml (geronimo specific web
deployment plan) -
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/geronimo-webxml.html

You can also try use the plan creator portlet
(http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/plan-creator.html) to do that.

In the geronimo-web.xml, you can specify the sharedlib as the
depedency (I sent you the sample in the other reply).

To deploy the war file at GERONIMO_HOME/bin dir, issue "./deploy.sh
deploy file.war geronimo-web.xml"

HTH Lin