geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problem adding jar to daytrader
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 16:32:45 GMT

On Oct 22, 2008, at 8:27 AM, HRito wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've made a modification to Daytrader that adds some new libraries
> as jars.
> I've added the jars to the pom.xml as dependencies, and installed
> them onto maven's repository.
> With that, I'm able to build my modified daytrader and to install it
> on Geronimo.
> Yet, I get a ClassNotFoundException when daytrader runs and tries to
> load the extra libraries.
>
> Can anyone help? What have I missed?

I don't recall the exact state of daytrader.  If you are building
daytrader as a geronimo plugin and installing it as a plugin then the
jar dependencies will automatically be installed into geronimo when
you install the daytrader plugin.  If you are installing daytrader by
deploying it directly in geronimo as a javaee application then the
dependencies will not get to geronimo automatically.  In this case you
can either install the dependencies yourself by copying them or using
the admin console or you could include them in the ear under the lib/
directory.

hope this helps
david jencks