geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Camel extension of ActiveMQ
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2008 16:11:08 GMT

On Oct 1, 2008, at 9:01 AM, my_forum wrote:

> ActiveMQ as a default JMS provider is destributed wihout Camel
> extension. Is
> it enough just to add (register) Camel libary to repository like any
> other
> library. Probably it would be better to substitute activemq-core.jar
> with
> activemq-all-5.1.0.jar?

Unfortunately that won't work.  The geronimo-amq integration is stuck
at amq 4.x.  Getting amq 5 running probably wouldn't be too hard if we
removed the admin console support for administering amq while running
-- which IIUC is not a good idea to try to do according to the amq devs.

I pretty much insist on amq 5 support in geronimo 2.2 but no one has
started working on it yet... I'm happy to but probably need to finish
some other projects first.  I'd be happy to give advice to anyone who
wanted to work on it.

So, I doubt you can realistically run camel in g. at this

thanks
david jencks