geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: How may I access ConnectionFactory/Queues etc. with JNDI-lookup?
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2008 06:32:47 GMT

On Oct 28, 2008, at 7:14 PM, Doug Reeder wrote:

> I think the documentation at
> and
> is all the documentation there is.  Let me know if you figure it
> out.  I spent several days trying to configure OpenJPA to access a
> JDBC connection pool via JNDI, and never could get it to work.

OpenJPA in geronimo does not use jndi to locate the jdbc connection
pool.  Did you have some reason to think it did?  Geronimo connection
pools are in-vm only so if you are trying to use openjpa outside
geronimo you won't be able to use a geronimo connection pool at all.

I don't think jsmch has responded to my questions about what kind of
client is involved, but if it is not a javaee app client but a
standalone non-javaee client of some sort then geronimo configuration
is not really relevant and the activemq documentation at

  might be helpful.

david jencks

> On Oct 28, 2008, at 11:25 AM, jsmch wrote:
>> Hi,
>> i´ve a problem and was not able to find any answer in the last days.
>> I installed some ConnectionFactory and Topics in the "JMS
>> Resources"-menu-item from Geronimo.
>> Next step i need is to make a lookup on this objects from an
>> client-application. But even that´s the problem.
>> I don´t know how to manage it, that my Objects habe an simple jndi-
>> name.
>> Those JMS-objects have to be accessable from any other client.
>> I also tried the <global-jndi-name>-Tag because i thought ths would
>> help -
>> but surprisingly it is deprecated in the newer Versions and i don´t
>> find
>> something to replace it?

View raw message