geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Where to store secret EJB properties?
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 20:34:30 GMT

On Oct 21, 2008, at 12:31 PM, Juergen Weber wrote:

> David, thanks so far, "Locating your application specific
> configuration files" is a step in the right direction. This helps in
> organizing property files, which is better than directly loading them
> from the file system.
> I also was looking for a way to enhance the @Resource injection
> system.
> Now it would be great if one could use a SystemPropertiesGBean to
> inject @Resource into an EJB...

This is a less direct solution to your immediate problem but you might
want to look into gbean bindings into jndi.  I think this is the
geronimo equivalent of what the sun article was suggesting.  To get
even closer we could write a gbean that bound an object factory into
jndi.  The reason the sun idea won't work "as is" in geronimo is that
we have no persistent jndi: everything is bound as the server starts
and various components start and bind stuff.  So the equivalent of
using the sun admin console to set up a persistent binding would be to
have a gbean in some plugin that, on starting, would bind whatever is
necessary.

The gbean binding stuff is in geronimo-naming GBeanBinding class.

thanks
david jencks

> thanks,
> Juergen
>

> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 7:42 PM, David Jencks
> <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Oct 21, 2008, at 9:38 AM, Juergen Weber wrote:
>>

>>> The canonical way to have properties for EJBs is IMHO to use <env-
>>> entry>
>>> in
>>> ejb-jar.xml and have them injected via @Resource.
>>> ejb-jar.xml are like source and in source control and are put in the