geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SecurityException trying to use JavaMail
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 02:38:34 GMT

On Oct 11, 2008, at 8:07 PM, John wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a webapp setup to send an email notification using javamail.
> The code works in both Tomcat and JBoss, but in Geronimo I am
> getting a SecurityException.  Here is a subset of the stacktrace:
>
> java.lang.SecurityException
>   at javax.mail.Session.getDefaultInstance(Session.java:137)
>   at
> com
> .esa
> .gaf.server.mail.MailServiceImpl.createSession(MailServiceImpl.java:
> 121)
>   at
> com
> .esa.gaf.server.mail.MailServiceImpl.sendMail(MailServiceImpl.java:61)
>   at com.esa.web.recruiting.app.server.service.RecruitingServiceImpl.notify
> (RecruitingServiceImpl.java:267)
>   at com.esa.web.recruiting.app.server.service.RecruitingServiceImpl.addRecruit
> (RecruitingServiceImpl.java:246)
>   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>   at
> sun
> .reflect
>   at
> sun
> .reflect
> .DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl
>   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>
> FWIW, I initially had the war built to include the necessary
> javamail dependencies.  I suspect, since Geronimo includes a
> Javamail car, that I don't need to include these, but am finding
> little guidance in the documentation or through googling to point me
> in the right direction.
>
> The mail server is configured correctly and I am using a valid user
> to send the email from.  Is there something special I need to do in
> order to get this to work correctly?

Hi John,
There are multiple conditions which could result in that exception.
Possible that we have a bug in our Javamail implementation... I'm not
an expert on our Javamail implementation. I may see a potential
problem, though...

Has your app already called Session.getDefaultInstance(Properties,
Authenticator)? Or would this be the first call by your app? Are you
passing a non-null Authenticator?

Do you see this error, if you restart your server?

--kevan