geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Properties in geronimo-application.xml Re: Where to store secret EJB properties?
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 07:25:01 GMT

On Oct 22, 2008, at 12:00 AM, Juergen Weber wrote:

> Another option were to put properties into geronimo-application.xml or
> openejb-jar.xml where they would mirror the values in ejb-jar.xml/
> env-entry,
> the same ways as properties in geronimo-ra.xml override properties in
> ra.xml. Is think this isn't possible right now, is it?

Correct

> geronimo-application.xml is often not in the ear, so operations
> could get
> the ears from development and keep geronimo-application.xml
> themselves. I
> don't know where Geronimo puts the deployment plans after deployment
> (or is
> it below var/config ?), probably operations would like if the
> deployment
> plans were at a defined location.

If you deploy using the console or gshell the deployment plan is not
included in the car directory.  If you use the car-maven-plugin it
ends up in META-INF along with the generated geronimo-plugin.xml

I like the idea of normally putting the plan under META-INF/plan.xml
but there are possible complications and confusion, for instance with
an ee application then you can have a geronimo-application.xml but
each module could have its own e.g. geronimo-web.xml inside.... not
sure if we would want to collect all of these together.

david jencks