geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: I need a Servlet to be started when the web container is starting
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 18:55:59 GMT

On Oct 13, 2008, at 11:11 AM, Juan David wrote:

> Hi David
>
> I think what I need is descrived for you “If you need some code to
> execute
> before your actual apps start you could write a gbean to execute the
> code
> and deploy it in a plugin that depends on the tomcat plugin.  If
> your apps
> depend on this service plugin it is sure to get started before the
> apps.” I
> would just get the code out of the servlet and put on a gbean , what
> I would
> need is a example of the gbean implementation and deployment if
> there is one
> available.

A simple example of a gbean is (in the geronimo 2.1 branch) at plugins/
clustering/geronimo-farm/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/farm/config/
BasicClusterInfo.java
You can view it at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/branches/2.1/plugins/clustering/geronimo-farm/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/farm/config/BasicClusterInfo.java

This one uses constructor dependency injection.  The important points
to note are:
- you can use constructor or setter dependency injection
- dependencies can be simple objects (strings, numbers, or something
you provide a PropertyEditor for) via "attributes" or other gbeans via