geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jarek Gawor" <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NameNotFoundException: greeting
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 18:27:46 GMT
On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 11:55 AM, Juergen Weber <weberjn@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jarek, thanks that helped. I had linked Geronimo sources into my Eclipse
> project.
>
> But why does Geronimo scan for @WebService? Shouldn't he only look in
> classes referenced in web.xml?

This still isn't very clear to me but the JSR 109 spec seems to imply
that this scanning should be happening where there is no web.xml or a
"partial" web.xml is provided. But it doesn't exactly say what
"partial" means. I assumed it means that the "metadata-complete"
attribute in web.xml is either missing or set to "false" (which is the
case in 99.99% of the time). Here's the bug for this in case you are
interested: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4169.

I think CE will eventually pick up this change and behave just like
Geronimo does.

Jarek