geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Accessing a SAP Webservice
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 17:37:26 GMT

On Oct 9, 2008, at 9:42 AM, Ivo Benedito wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm on my first experience with geronimo and also fresh on webdev
> with java (only experienced with .net and RoR). I need to connect to
> a webservice generated by a SAP service.
> Following the geronimo tutorials, i used the bin jaxws-tool and
> generated the artifacts/stubs with the WSDL(1.1) file from the
> webservice. I picked the generated java classes and joined them in a
> package on my project. Then, i created a JSP file and now i want to
> use the classes that were generated and make the connection and pick
> the data from the webservice, but the problem is that i can't figure
> out what classes should i use and how to use them. I also can't find
> any documentation explaining this. Probably this is a webservice/
> java problem (my lack of knowledge) independent from the geronimo
> aplication server.
>
> This is the java files i get generated from the jaxws-tool:
> ObjectFactory
> package-info
> Z3ENVACCRETURNLEVELS
> Z3ENVACCRETURNLEVELSPortType
> Z3ENVACCRETURNLEVELSResponse
> Z3ENVACCRETURNLEVELSService
> Z3ENVACCS003 --> complex type
> Z3ENVACCS004 --> complex type

I think there are some relevant instructions here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/developing-clients-for-a-jax-ws-web-service.html

There's an example of a jsp client to a jaxws web service.  I believe
your Z3ENVACCRETURNLEVELSService corresponds to the example's
Converter class and your Z3ENVACCRETURNLEVELSPortType corresponds to
the examples ConverterPortType.  Once you get the port type the other
stuff should appear as parameters or return values of the methods.

I'd advise writing a servlet and using dependency injection to get the
service ref, although that is not demonstrated in the example.  If you
stick with jsps I'd advise using the jndi lookup approach.

hope this helps
david jencks