geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Geronimo and Grails
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2008 18:13:31 GMT

I've been playing around with grails and I encountered this exact same
behavior Michael mentioned.  Even with Gianny's recommended hidden
classes I received the dom4j InvalidXPathException on the Tomcat Javaee5
assembly.

I was able to get a grails app working on a tomcat javaee5 assembly by
adding just one more filter for the jaxen classes.  So, my
geroniom-web.xml looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.2">
     <environment xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
         <moduleId>
             <groupId>yourGroupId</groupId>
             <artifactId>yourArtifactId</artifactId>
             <version>yourVersion</version>
             <type>war</type>
         </moduleId>
         <hidden-classes>
             <filter>org.jaxen</filter>
             <filter>org.springframework</filter>
             <filter>org.apache.cxf</filter>
             <filter>org.apache.commons</filter>
         </hidden-classes>
     </environment>
     <context-root>/yourContextPath/</context-root>
</web-app>

BTW, it is true that you can deploy a grails app into either minimal
assembly without any hidden-class filters in the deployment plan.  The
additional libraries in the javaee5 assemblies make the filters
necessary.  Apparently there are some classloader differences between
the Jetty and Tomcat assemblies that make the jaxen addition necessary
when deploying to a Tomcat Javaee5 server.

Joe