geronimo-user mailing list archives

From John <li...@johndubchak.com>
Subject SecurityException trying to use JavaMail
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2008 00:07:04 GMT
Hi,

I have a webapp setup to send an email notification using javamail.  The
code works in both Tomcat and JBoss, but in Geronimo I am getting a
SecurityException.  Here is a subset of the stacktrace:

java.lang.SecurityException
    at javax.mail.Session.getDefaultInstance(Session.java:137)
    at
com.esa.gaf.server.mail.MailServiceImpl.createSession(MailServiceImpl.java:121)
    at
com.esa.gaf.server.mail.MailServiceImpl.sendMail(MailServiceImpl.java:61)
    at
com.esa.web.recruiting.app.server.service.RecruitingServiceImpl.notify(RecruitingServiceImpl.java:267)
    at
com.esa.web.recruiting.app.server.service.RecruitingServiceImpl.addRecruit(RecruitingServiceImpl.java:246)
    at
    at

FWIW, I initially had the war built to include the necessary javamail
dependencies.  I suspect, since Geronimo includes a Javamail car, that I
don't need to include these, but am finding little guidance in the
documentation or through googling to point me in the right direction.

The mail server is configured correctly and I am using a valid user to
send the email from.  Is there something special I need to do in order
to get this to work correctly?

Thanks,
John