geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Is it work as design? - New jar will be installed in the new repository location after installed "Geronimo Plugins :: Geronimo Server Specific Repository Plugin"
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 15:12:02 GMT
Joe Bohn wrote:
>> Forrest_Xia wrote:
>>> For example, you use automatic download function to install
>>> postgresql jdbc
>>> driver 8.2, the driver will be installed in var/respository
>>>
>>> But, if you install a war from admin console, it will be just
>>> installed in
>>> geronimo_home/repository.
>>>
>>> This different behavior is work-as-design? Thanks for any insight!
>>>
>>> Found this with AG 2.1.3.
>>
>> I believe that this is working as designed at the moment ... but it
>> can certainly be improved.
>>
>> When using server specific repositories you must specify the target
>> repository using the "--target".  As noted in the wiki content (see
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/multiple-repositories.html and
>> scroll down to "Using the new repository") this is currently only
>> supported from the command line.  Therefore, when you install the war
>> from the admin console without a specified target it defaults to
>> <geronimo-home>/repository.
>>
>> Try deploying the war using the command line as specified in the wiki.
>
> Hmmm ... just saw a note in that same wiki indicating that if no
> repository is specified the module is deployed to all repositories. Was
> this your experience?  Perhaps the admin console is assuming the first
> repository and not iterating through all of them ... so there may be a
> console bug here as well.

Or ... it could just be that this note is incorrect.  I deployed a war
using the command line without specifying the target and the results
were the same as with the admin console ... the war was only deployed to
the <geronimo-home>/repository.

I'd still recommend using the command line and specify the appropriate
target to resolve your issue.

Joe