geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Is it work as design? - New jar will be installed in the new repository location after installed "Geronimo Plugins :: Geronimo Server Specific Repository Plugin"
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 14:32:50 GMT
Joe Bohn wrote:
> Forrest_Xia wrote:
>> For example, you use automatic download function to install postgresql
>> jdbc
>> driver 8.2, the driver will be installed in var/respository
>>
>> But, if you install a war from admin console, it will be just
>> installed in
>> geronimo_home/repository.
>>
>> This different behavior is work-as-design? Thanks for any insight!
>>
>> Found this with AG 2.1.3.
>
> I believe that this is working as designed at the moment ... but it can
> certainly be improved.
>
> When using server specific repositories you must specify the target
> repository using the "--target".  As noted in the wiki content (see
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/multiple-repositories.html and scroll
> down to "Using the new repository") this is currently only supported
> from the command line.  Therefore, when you install the war from the
> admin console without a specified target it defaults to
> <geronimo-home>/repository.
>
> Try deploying the war using the command line as specified in the wiki.

Hmmm ... just saw a note in that same wiki indicating that if no
repository is specified the module is deployed to all repositories. Was
this your experience?  Perhaps the admin console is assuming the first
repository and not iterating through all of them ... so there may be a
console bug here as well.

Joe