geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Is it work as design? - New jar will be installed in the new repository location after installed "Geronimo Plugins :: Geronimo Server Specific Repository Plugin"
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 14:29:13 GMT
Forrest_Xia wrote:
> For example, you use automatic download function to install postgresql jdbc
> driver 8.2, the driver will be installed in var/respository
>
> But, if you install a war from admin console, it will be just installed in
> geronimo_home/repository.
>
> This different behavior is work-as-design? Thanks for any insight!
>
> Found this with AG 2.1.3.

I believe that this is working as designed at the moment ... but it can
certainly be improved.

When using server specific repositories you must specify the target
repository using the "--target".  As noted in the wiki content (see
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/multiple-repositories.html and scroll
down to "Using the new repository") this is currently only supported
from the command line.  Therefore, when you install the war from the
admin console without a specified target it defaults to
<geronimo-home>/repository.

Try deploying the war using the command line as specified in the wiki.

Joe