geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <>
Subject Re: Is it work as design? - New jar will be installed in the new repository location after installed "Geronimo Plugins :: Geronimo Server Specific Repository Plugin"
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 14:29:13 GMT
Forrest_Xia wrote:
> For example, you use automatic download function to install postgresql jdbc
> driver 8.2, the driver will be installed in var/respository
> But, if you install a war from admin console, it will be just installed in
> geronimo_home/repository.
> This different behavior is work-as-design? Thanks for any insight!
> Found this with AG 2.1.3.

I believe that this is working as designed at the moment ... but it can
certainly be improved.

When using server specific repositories you must specify the target
repository using the "--target".  As noted in the wiki content (see and scroll
down to "Using the new repository") this is currently only supported
from the command line.  Therefore, when you install the war from the
admin console without a specified target it defaults to

Try deploying the war using the command line as specified in the wiki.

View raw message