geronimo-user mailing list archives

From John <li...@johndubchak.com>
Subject NPE on Deployment
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2008 19:02:57 GMT
Hi All,

I am trying to deploy an ear file to Geronimo 2.1.3.  The ear contains a
number of dependency jar files, a war, an ejb and the associated
descriptors, or so I think.

However, when I attempt to deploy through the admin console, I am
getting the following exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:275)
    at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:133)
    at
    at
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:867)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.AbstractDeployCommand.doDeploy(AbstractDeployCommand.java:116)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.DistributeCommand.run(DistributeCommand.java:61)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.connector.deployment.ResourceRefBuilder.buildNaming(ResourceRefBuilder.java:127)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.NamingBuilderCollection.buildNaming(NamingBuilderCollection.java:53)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbDeploymentBuilder.addEnc(EjbDeploymentBuilder.java:321)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbDeploymentBuilder.buildEnc(EjbDeploymentBuilder.java:292)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.addGBeans(EjbModuleBuilder.java:764)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(EARConfigBuilder.java:647)
    at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:254)
    ... 12 more

My question is, can anyone give me some ideas on how to track down a
vague, non-descript, error such as this?

Thanks in advance,
John