geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: javax.jms.Queue creation question
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 17:18:29 GMT

On Oct 3, 2008, at 12:16 PM, John wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am running Geronimo 2.1.3 and am trying, for the first time, to
> configure a JMS Queue, ideally through the Admin console.  I created
> and deployed a JMS Resource Group and a QueueConnectionFactory and
> now want to create a Queue to associate to the connection factory in
> the resource group.
>
> However (this is where I am confused ) when I try to edit the
> resource group to add a Queue, there's no way to do that from the
> console, correct?  Does that mean I need to create a resource
> deployment plan to create the Queue and deploy that?

Hi John,
Sorry we didn't get a response earlier. You can't add a Destination to
an existing jms resource group (it sounds like that's what you'd like
to do). If you're creating a new ActiveMQ group, you can add
ConnectionFactory's and Destination's. We could add support to allow
ConnectionFactory/Destination creation for existing resource groups.

Here's a sample which illustrates how to create a Queue within your
deployment plan -- http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/jms-mdb-jms-and-mdb-sample-application.html

--kevan