geronimo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From jsmch <js...@web.de>
Subject Re: How may I access ConnectionFactory/Queues etc. with JNDI-lookup?
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2008 17:01:41 GMT

Hi djencks,

i´ve answered directly to you instead of answering in the forum - this was a
kind of failure.
(Perhaps you didn´t recognized that a message was sent to you directly -
sorry :wistle:)

I´m using a Server-side kernel that has to be contacted by client-apps that
also have to share the JMS-Services (TopicConnectionFactory, Topics,
Queues). But read what i tried to ask you ;-):

I´ve answered  and wrote the follwing (original thread was
http://www.nabble.com/Get-Access-to-a-ConnectionFactory-Topic-through-JNDI-td20206935s134.html):
==========================
hi and thank you for your answer.

I really think that youŽre right.
The application consists of an server-application that provides a number of
EJBs for accessing a service.
Through this EJBs you have the possibility to login into the application,
send messages and so on.

For message-handling there have to be 3 Topics, accessable through jndi.
The clients need to read from this topics, but they are outside geronimo.
They just get access to it through jndi-lookup.

First step is to make a lookup to get the ejbs - this works fine, because
ejbs have jndi-names to be accessable from outside (through
Properties p1;
p1.put("java.naming.factory.initial",
"org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory");
p1.put("java.naming.provider.url",
"localhost:4201");//tcp://localhost:61616//ejbd://localhost:4201
InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(p1);
chatClient = ctx.lookup("ChatClientRemote");

==> I need the same possibility for getting access to topics and surely the
TopicConnectionFactory. The client need to make a lookup to get them
(doesnŽt he?)
But in Geronimo i only have found the possibility to "Create a new JMS
Resource Group" in the JMS Resouces-menu.
This donŽt seems to be very helpful because - as i think you say - these
"Objects" are only available for internal use of Geronimo.
How may i install such - as you say - activemy property file configured
jndi? Is this really what i need for this? Do you have any precise sources
where i may look how to install something like this?

Thank you very much for further help

johannes schmidt
==========================



djencks wrote:
> 
> 
> On Oct 28, 2008, at 7:14 PM, Doug Reeder wrote:
> 
>> I think the documentation at
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/datasource-connectionfactory-mdb-and-jpa.html
>> and
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/configuring-jms.html
>> is all the documentation there is.  Let me know if you figure it  
>> out.  I spent several days trying to configure OpenJPA to access a  
>> JDBC connection pool via JNDI, and never could get it to work.
> 
> OpenJPA in geronimo does not use jndi to locate the jdbc connection  
> pool.  Did you have some reason to think it did?  Geronimo connection  
> pools are in-vm only so if you are trying to use openjpa outside  
> geronimo you won't be able to use a geronimo connection pool at all.
> 
> I don't think jsmch has responded to my questions about what kind of  
> client is involved, but if it is not a javaee app client but a  
> standalone non-javaee client of some sort then geronimo configuration  
> is not really relevant and the activemq documentation at
> http://activemq.apache.org/jndi-support.html 
>   might be helpful.
> 
> thanks
> david jencks
> 
>>
>>
>>
>> On Oct 28, 2008, at 11:25 AM, jsmch wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i´ve a problem and was not able to find any answer in the last days.
>>> I installed some ConnectionFactory and Topics in the "JMS
>>> Resources"-menu-item from Geronimo.
>>>
>>> Next step i need is to make a lookup on this objects from an
>>> client-application. But even that´s the problem.
>>> I don´t know how to manage it, that my Objects habe an simple jndi- 
>>> name.
>>> Those JMS-objects have to be accessable from any other client.
>>>
>>> I also tried the <global-jndi-name>-Tag because i thought ths would  
>>> help -
>>> but surprisingly it is deprecated in the newer Versions and i don´t  
>>> find
>>> something to replace it?
>>>
> 
> 
> 

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/How-may-I-access-ConnectionFactory-Queues-etc.-with-JNDI-lookup--tp20209014s134p20251087.html
Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message