geronimo-user mailing list archives

From yamagami <>
Subject Admin console doesn't work at all (nonexistent).
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:53:57 GMT

Hi there

I've got geronimo 2.1.3 running on ubuntu hardy (64 bit) with jdk 1.6, but
even though the server is reported running etc., I cannot get ANYTHING on
On firefox i get a blank page - nothing in it.
On Opera I get "http://localhost:8080/console, which is currently
When I telnet to it I get:
telnet> open localhost 8080
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET / HTTP/1.1

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:47:52 GMT
Connection: close

Connection closed by foreign host.
wget gets me:
--11:51:05--  http://localhost:8080/console
           => `console'
Resolving localhost...
Connecting to localhost||:8080... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 400 Bad Request
11:51:05 ERROR 400: Bad Request.

Gernomio startup messages:
harel@yamagami:/opt/geronimo/bin$ ./ run
Using GERONIMO_BASE:   /opt/geronimo
Using GERONIMO_HOME:   /opt/geronimo
Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: var/temp
Using JRE_HOME:        /opt/java/jre
Booting Geronimo Kernel (in Java 1.6.0_07)...
Starting Geronimo Application Server v2.1.3
[****************************************] 100%   4s Startup complete
  Listening on Ports:
    1099 RMI Naming
    8009 Tomcat Connector AJP AJP
    8080 Tomcat Connector HTTP BIO HTTP
    8443 Tomcat Connector HTTPS BIO HTTPS
    9999 JMX Remoting Connector

  Started Application Modules:
    WAR: org.apache.geronimo.configs/remote-deploy-tomcat/2.1.3/car

  Web Applications:

Geronimo Application Server started

You get the picture..... Its driving me insane for 2 days now. I've tried
anything I can think of. I'm trying to persevere though at this moment jboss
or glassfish sounds tempting.

Please help.....
Thank you!