geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to define a new WorkManager?
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 22:12:52 GMT

On Oct 23, 2008, at 2:55 PM, cj91 wrote:

> Geronimo 2.1.3
>
> Searched far and wide for this, and it seems like geronimo has
> support, but
> I can't figure out where to do this at.
>
> I see there's a "Thread Pools" link on the server console, but I
> don't see
> an option to create a new thread pool or a WorkManager. Where can I
> define a
> new work manager and give it a jndi name?

AFAIK you can't do this from the console.

You need to include gbean definitions similar to this in an
appropriate plan:

     <gbean name="ConnectorThreadPool"
class="org.apache.geronimo.pool.ThreadPool">
         <attribute name="keepAliveTime">30000</attribute>
         <attribute name="minPoolSize">5</attribute>
         <attribute name="maxPoolSize">30</attribute>
         <attribute name="poolName">ConnectorThreadPool</attribute>
     </gbean>

     <gbean name="MyWorkManager"
class="org.apache.geronimo.connector.work.GeronimoWorkManagerGBean">
         <reference name="SyncPool">
             <name>ConnectorThreadPool</name>
         </reference>
         <reference name="StartPool">
             <name>ConnectorThreadPool</name>
         </reference>
         <reference name="ScheduledPool">
             <name>ConnectorThreadPool</name>
         </reference>
         <reference name="TransactionManager">
             <name>TransactionManager</name>
         </reference>
     </gbean>

and make sure the plan has the transaction plugin as a direct or
transitive dependency so the TransactionManager reference can be
resolved.

The default work manager is not exposed via jndi.  If you want to
expose yours you'd include a gbean something like this:

     <gbean name="TransactionManagerBinding"
class="org.apache.geronimo.gjndi.binding.GBeanBinding">
         <attribute name="name">MyWorkManager</attribute>
         <attribute name="abstractNameQuery">?name= MyWorkManager#</
attribute>
         <reference name="Context">
             <name>GeronimoContext</name>
         </reference>
     </gbean>

in which case is should be available at ger:/MyWorkManager

AFAIK no one has done this before.... I'm a bit curious as to your use
case and why you need it in jndi.

thanks
david jencks