geronimo-user mailing list archives

From MarWestermann <MarWesterm...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Problems with the "Bean Managed Persistence with JPA" tut
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2008 16:39:32 GMT

José Arcángel Salazar Delgado wrote:

> El Saturday 04 October 2008 09:49:15 MarWestermann escribió:
>> Hi,
>> I have the following question / problem. First here are my environment
>> things:
>> Geronimo:
>> Version  	2.1.2
>> Build 	2008.07.30-14:23:01.771-0400
>> Java Version  	1.6.0_07
>> Java Vendor 	Sun Microsystems Inc.
>>
>> Dev:
>> eclipse 3.3 + geronimo 2.1 Server Adapter
>>
>> I followed the tutorial at:
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/bean-managed-persistence-with-jpa.html
>>
>> When I came to the step where to deploy the ear-file, I got the following
>> error-message:
>> D:\geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.2\bin>deploy.bat --user system --password
>> manage
>> r deploy C:\Temp\BeanManagedJPA-EAR.ear
>> Using GERONIMO_BASE:   D:\geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.2
>> Using GERONIMO_HOME:   D:\geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.2
>> Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: var\temp
>> Using JRE_HOME:        C:\Programme\Java\jdk1.6.0_07\jre
>>     Error: Unable to distribute BeanManagedJPA-EAR.ear: At least one
>>     deployment problem:[org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException:
>>     Could not resolve reference at deploy time for query
>>
>> ?name=persistence/AccountUnit#org.apache.geronimo.persistence.PersistenceUn
>>i tGBean.
>>     No GBean references found.]
>>
>> Does anybody know, what this means?
>>
> Hello.
> That's sound like geronimo didn't create the  AccountUnit Gbean that its
> created in the persistence.xml. Check that file. Specifically this part:
>
> <persistence-unit name="AccountUnit" transaction-type="JTA">
>   <description>ContainerManagedJPA</description>

>   <jta-data-source>AccountDS</jta-data-source>
>   <class>sample.jpa.Account</class>
>   <class>sample.jpa.Person</class>
>  </persistence-unit>
> </persistence>
>
>> Thanks for any help,
>> Marco

Hi, thank you for your fast help.

In between I did the following:

I downloaded the newest eclipse ganimede Distribution and did the steps in
the tutorial again. (Eclipse Version: 3.4.1) Thereby I copied the code from
the tutorial into my project-files 1to1. I checked the openejb-jar.xml twice
and it is exactly as in the tutorial descriped.

But when I try to deploy the new ear-file I get the same error again.
The only step I did wich is not descriped in the tutorial is to export the
ear-file. Therefor I rigth-clicked on the project: BeanManagedJPA-EAR and in
the context-menu I choose Export --> EAR file. Then I choose the location:
C:\Temp\BeanManagedJPA-EAR.ear in the destination step. Has that been wrong?

Thanks,

Marco