I've been thinking of evaluating Dojo, and didn't know it was used in the Console.

That being the case, does anyone care to offer any opinions as to whether its use in the Console would make a good study? Maybe there are stories of that experience that others could learn from?

There's so many generic opinions out there regarding web toolkits that I thought it might be useful to hear something from a more specific and real-world perspective.

Inactive hide details for "Jay D. McHugh" ---09/25/2008 05:54:41 PM---Peter, We include a copy of the Dojo javascript library a"Jay D. McHugh" ---09/25/2008 05:54:41 PM---Peter, We include a copy of the Dojo javascript library as a web app in the JEE

"Jay D. McHugh" <jaydmchugh@gmail.com>

user@geronimo.apache.org

09/25/2008 05:54 PM

Re: what is "dojo-tomcat?"

Peter,

We include a copy of the Dojo javascript library as a web app in the JEE
versions of the server.  There are actually two of them included.  One
is Dojo version 0.4.x (dojo-legacy-tomcat or dojo-legacy-jetty) and the
other is Dojo version 1.1.x (dojo-tomcat or dojo-jetty).

Because these are there, anyone can easily build webapps that use the
Dojo library without having to incorporate it directly into your app.
We originally included Dojo because there are a couple of screens in the
console that use it.  Those screens were written with the 0.4 version.
Once all of those screens are rewritten to use the newer (non beta)
version, we will probably remove the dojo-legacy apps to get the server
footprint smaller.

Jay