On Sep 2, 2008, at 2:39 PM, kwdev wrote:

I am using the command ./geronimo.sh start in my new Sun Solaris environment
and am getting the error below at startup.

But in old Red Had env , I use the linux service utility and the start the
server using :
/sbin/service geronimo start

My question is there an alternative way to start the server in the Solaris
envionment.
Both environments have the exact same Geronimo libraries and directory
structure,

What version of Java are you using on Solaris?

Anybody have a Solaris environment that they can reproduce on?

Here are your options for starting:

bin/gsh geronimo/start-server
bin/geronimo.sh run

I wouldn't recommend it, but you can also run Geronimo using the following (assumes that your working directory is <geronimo-home>:

java -Djava.endorsed.dirs=lib/endorsed -javaagent:bin/jpa.jar -jar bin/server.jar

--kevan