Hello Marco,

Mod_proxy_ajp is a module that works with Mod_proxy to allow a connection over ajp rather than http.  The difference in configuration between using http or ajp is negligible so I think your choice is really between Mod_proxy and Mod_jk.  I've used Mod_proxy some and found it fairly easy to setup and use for forwarding requests.  I haven't as of yet set up a Mod_jk configuration, but I do know that it requires more configuration both in the apache server and the geronimo server.  Alternatively, Mod_proxy only needs configuration within the apache server.  From my understanding, Mod_jk allows for more configuration options and gives a user more control over the setup.  If all you're going to be doing is forwarding requests, then Mod_proxy might be easier.  Hopefully this information helps you with your decision.