geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Simon Aquilina <sim...@hotmail.com>
Subject J2EE Connector 1.5 Specification
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:30:09 GMT

Hi,

I am interested in developing a custom connector for Geronimo so that the latter can communicate
using a protocol different then Http. I had started a similar project on Tomcat, however I
then realised that Tomcat treats all requests as Http requests internally.

I therefore decided to focus my energy on Geronimo since this is a real application server
and J2EE certified.

I thought that first of all I should read the J2EE Connector 1.5 Specification. Is this the
right place to start? Or Geronimo has some other documentation which I should consider? I
have tried the Documentation section to see what is available but (like in the case of Tomcat)
I did not find much related to connectors.

Also please do correct me if I say anything stupid. I am not an expert programmer nor do I
know how Geronimo works inside out. However I am willing to do an effort and learn and am
willing to put as much time as needed to learn things correctly.

Thanks and Regards,
Simon J.

Explore the seven wonders of the world