geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Transactions are commited only when Server shuts down.
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 13:16:01 GMT

On Sep 5, 2008, at 8:51 AM, MichaelHaeublein wrote:

> Lin Sun-2 wrote:
>>
>> Hi, Since you picked 'Oracle Thin', you are using the generic tranql
>> wrapper.
>>
> Ah, ok... didn't know that.
>

> But how do you specify the commitBeforeAutocommit=true?
> If the admin console doesn't allow you to configure the
> commitBeforeAutocommit property, you 'll have to save the plan before
> the deploy and add the commitBeforeAutocommit=true in manually then
> deploy it with the updated plan.
> </qoute>
>
> I manually changed the value in the "ra.xml" located somewhere in
> "repository\console\dbpool\FMDBPool\1.0\FMDBPool-1.0.rar"

That won't have any effect on the deployed pool.  By the time you have
a car file (in this case the rar directory you are looking in) all the
config-property values have been serialized into binary
configuration.  You need to change the value in the plan before you
deploy the plan or override it in a config.xml snippet.

> Lin Sun-2 wrote:
>>
>> I'd suggest you to pick 'Oracle Local' or 'Oracle XA' first, as these
>> are Oracle specific tranql wrapper and are supposed to take care of
>> setting commitBeforeAutocommit to true automatically for you.
>>
> I tried that, but thi asks for a lot of input I don't really know
> what it's
> asking for, or why it's asking for Server Name, Database Name etc
> and for
> the TNSNames entry as this entry provides all connection info? (btw a
> TNSNames.ora file is not available on the server afaik)
>

> I tried to configure the 'Oracle XA' with the information I got, but
> the
> result is that the client doesn't get RemoteAccess at all.
> This Exception is thrown in the console on the client side, when I
> use my
> 'Oracle XA' (which I think is configured wrong)
> "java.lang.Exception: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
> /AccessSessionBeanRemote does not exist in the system.  Check that
> the app
> was successfully deployed."
>
> Could you give some advice on configuring 'Oracle XA' or 'Oracle
> Local',
> i.e. what information is really needed and so on.

I thought all the info you need was easy to see in the url you gave
the driver, but perhaps someone who has non-zero oracle expertise can
help here.

thanks
david jencks