geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Restricting webapp access to ports or IP addresses?
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 01:28:33 GMT

On Sep 4, 2008, at 10:17 AM, evilclive wrote:

> Is there a way of restricting webapp access to certain ports or IP
> addresses?
> I'm thinking of the console app here, but it would apply to others.

The console app istn't set up this way, perhaps it should be.

In jetty its easy to specify ip addresses or web addresses, you can
specify a set of hosts or virtual hosts in the geronimo plan, just as
strings.  In tomcat AFAIK you have to define Host gbeans and I've
never figured out how they are supposed to work.

Ports are harder.  In tomcat you have to define a whole new server for
the new port and specify which server you want each app deployed to.
See http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/app-per-port-running-multiple-web-apps-on-different-ports.html

.  I'm not entirely sure about how to do this with jetty -- defining
another server is definitely possible, but there may be a way
analogous to the host/virtual-host settings to restrict apps to
particular connectors.  I'm also not sure this would be accessible in
geronimo.  Maybe we should push a bit for this in jetty7.

thanks
david jencks