geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Startup Error
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 19:25:39 GMT

On Sep 2, 2008, at 2:39 PM, kwdev wrote:

> I am using the command ./geronimo.sh start in my new Sun Solaris
> environment
> and am getting the error below at startup.
>
> But in old Red Had env , I use the linux service utility and the
> start the
> server using :
> /sbin/service geronimo start
>
> My question is there an alternative way to start the server in the
> Solaris
> envionment.
> Both environments have the exact same Geronimo libraries and directory
> structure,

What version of Java are you using on Solaris?

Anybody have a Solaris environment that they can reproduce on?

Here are your options for starting:

bin/gsh geronimo/start-server
bin/geronimo.sh run

I wouldn't recommend it, but you can also run Geronimo using the
following (assumes that your working directory is <geronimo-home>:

java -Djava.endorsed.dirs=lib/endorsed -javaagent:bin/jpa.jar -jar bin/
server.jar

--kevan